Our Packing and Moving Services in Austin, TX
Moving is a multi-step process and we’re ready to help you every step of the way. Our professional packing crews can help you keep your head above water before and after a move. The crew can carefully pack, unpack, and re-situate all of your belongings with precision. Call to set this option up and you won’t have to lift a fin!
If you decide you want to pack yourself, here are some tips!
- Get supplies: boxes, marking pens, bubble wrap, newspaper, tape, tissue, scissors and so on.
- Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly.
- Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe and other special items.
- Pack audio-visual equipment in original boxes. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
- Label each box and indicate where it should go, if it is fragile and if it should be loaded last so that it will be unloaded first.
- Cushion contents with packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper or tissue. Save room by using towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- Pack books tightly on end in small boxes. If they smell musty, sprinkle talcum powder between the pages and wrap the book before packing. Leave stored for a couple of months to eliminate the smell.
- Have rugs and draperies cleaned before moving and leave them in wrappings for the move.
- Pack medicines in a leak proof container.
- Carry all valuables with you.
- There are some materials that movers are prohibited from transporting in the truck, so pack these items separately and set them aside: paints, oils, cleaners, chemicals, flammable or combustible items.
- Try to eliminate any empty space in the box with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Make sure that your boxes are taped and sealed – top AND bottom – so that they are stackable.
Average Packing List
Get A Free Quote
From Our Clients
- “Very pleased with this moving company! David and Angel are great workers. They were on time, worked fast, hard-working, extremely professional and friendly. Will use them again in the future!”
— Rob D.
- “I was having a HARD day when Blue Whale Moving helped us and they made everything easy. I never had a moments concern that my things were not being handled well.”
— Josie L.
- “As a professional in the real estate industry for over 23 years Blue Whale is still one of my top Real Estate sources for moving. I recommend them highly with regard to their expertise in getting the job done effectively and without hassle.”
— Lisa Marie C.