Whether you’re moving to the next state or across the country, a long distance move comes with its own unique set of challenges. It can hard to wrap your mind around the logistics of planning such a large transition but Blue Whale Moving, Inc. can help walk you through the process and help you settle into your new home!
Blue Whale Moving, Inc. has been tackling long-distance moves for years! When planning your long-distance move keep these 5 things in mind.
5 things to remember while planning your long distance move
1. Hiring professional packers and movers is well worth it! Items are in transit much longer during long distance moves which means that having your household packed and transported by experts can drastically reduce the number of damaged or broken items. Hiring professionals also means you’ll be able to focus on ensuring a smooth transition for yourself, your children and your pets!
2. Start planning early! In a long distance move there are lots of details to arrange. Giving yourself as much time as possible can minimize the stress and help manage your budget. Begin by contacting Blue Whale Moving, Inc. to get a no-nonsense quote! Once you’ve booked your move, it’s time to begin making personal travel arrangements!
3. Be realistic about your new home! If you’re moving into a smaller space, the time to purge your household is now! It will save you time and money during the moving process. Identify which furniture you’ll be able to use and which you should begin to sell, donate or dump. Then, consider other items such as clothing, kitchen appliances, books and household items. When you’re ready, call Humpback Junk Removal
to schedule your junk removal!
4. Don’t forget the paperwork! Moving to a new state means registering pets, enrolling children in school, filing a change of address form, registering any vehicles and more! Make a to-do list and try to complete as many tasks as possible before your move! Some states require you to complete government paperwork within a certain number of days. Taking care of the paperwork before your move might save you money and will definitely save you stress!
5. Pack a personal bag! Keep items that you’ll need immediately upon arrival with you as you travel to your new home. Depending on your move, your truck may not arrive at your new residence at the same time as you do. Make sure that you have everything you’ll need to gain access to your new home (This is particularly important when moving into an apartment! Check with your property management company to find out what identification and documents you’ll need!) in your personal bag. Other things you may want to pack include medications, pajamas, phone chargers and toothbrushes.
Blue Whale Moving, Inc. has been completing long distance moves for years! Let us put our expertise to work for you. We’re happy to talk you through the process, answer any questions that arise, take care of your belongings and help you settle into your new home! Give us a call or request your free, no-nonsense quote today!